Artist

Alexander Averin

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Turning the Corner




Turning the Corner


As she settles in for sleep she remembers the words of the clairvoyant as she scried in her crystal ball.
She told her she could see barriers around her heart, shutting out her need for love……….


Even in a dream it takes her by surprise,
such an old but pretty gate, quite small,
wreathed in scrolls of heavy iron,
their Celtic spiral patterns painted black as night.
The gate is tightly shut but able to be opened
if she would only try.

Belief helps her open it,
trust takes her through it,
relief is there to greet her at the other side
where she feels strangely safe.

On a bright pathway
strewn with coloured blossoms
fear takes its flight,
till she feels strangely light.

As she turns the corner
she does not look back
but only forward, led by hope 
to a place where peace can take her hand
and bring to her a heart where love lies,
between the arms of stillness and serenity.



Cait O’Connor

7 comments:

Vee said...

Lovely. I read my own meaning in, as is true of every reader. If you, dear Cait, are the poet, what meaning do you assign?

CAMILLA said...

Dear Cait,

So beautiful the Poem, and I just adore the Header painting to your post.

Thank you for sharing Cait.

How are you getting on with the book of Poems Cait?

xx

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

Oh, Cait, what a beautiful poem!

Thank you for bringing us on this journey.

this is my favorite part:

Belief helps her open it,
trust takes her through it,
relief is there to greet her at the other side
where she feels strangely safe.

I am holding onto that today.

Toni aka irishlas said...

This poem is beyond lovely! Oh, how I love this one. Such vivid images it brings.

Fire Byrd said...

I couldn't have read those words on a better morning. They summed up how it felt when I woke from horrid dreams, and had to wait till the sanctuary of my walk eased away the pain and brought me to a place of grace.
So thank you for that poem it put into words where I was and now am.

Kath said...

What a lovely poem. I like th enew header too, what fun!

Erin in Morro Bay said...

Have just discovered you, via Ann Somerset Miles. I am a librarian/mixed media artist on the Central Coast of California. I live in Morro Bay, a small harbour village that depended on fishing for years and now on tourism, and I'm the assistant librarian for the library in Cambria, up the coast at the gateway to Big Sur. Have enjoyed reading back through your posts.
Erin