Artist

Alexander Averin

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Everytime We Say Goodbye

It's 'E' time for the Alphabet of Songs. It was hard to whittle it down as there were so many good ones.

For example:

Everybody Hurts by REM
Every Day by Buddy Holly
Everything I do, I do it for you by Bryan Adams

Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles
Every breath you take by The Police

and more. When I get to 'Z' (which may be a challenge?) I think I will have to start all over again as there are so many lovely songs out there.

This beautiful song sung by Ella Fitzgerald was Cottage Garden's choice and I must admit I love it too. I always find partings hard, even day to day 'leavings' and this song resonates with me somewhere deep within. I am no fan of goodbyes.

I listened to many versions on YouTube and I stumbled upon a version by Robbie Williams, I am a fan of his and am including it here too.

Enjoy.









Goodbye,
Cait.

7 comments:

Frances said...

Oh, bravo Cait! That's a marvelous song choice, and good to have two interpretations.

xo

Reading Tea Leaves said...

You have just made my day with my choice Cait ... what a voice and what a song - listened to Robbie's version too, but for my money, you can't beat the original - jeez that lady could sing!

Jeanne
x

mountainear said...

Brilliant - how lovely to be reminded of 'Everytime we say goodbye' - I'm afraid it has to be the Ella Fitzgerald version for me.

DJ Kirkby said...

I adore the sound of both Elle's and Robbie's voice, hard to say which I enjoy listening to more. x

Tattieweasle said...

Fantatstic choice. I like Ellas version but I have a terrible soft spot for Robbie. Nina Simone's version is pretty cool too. The song itself, well that's fantatstic.

Fran Hill said...

Robbie's version is good, but Ella's is just incredible.

CAMILLA said...

Wonderful song Cait, thank you for sharing the two versions with us by different artists. Although I adore anything by Robbie, have to say that for this song Ella's is wonderful, love her voice.

xx