Artist

Alexander Averin

Sunday 9 March 2008

Just a Poem and a Song




Outside History


These are outsiders, always. These stars—
these iron inklings of an Irish January,
whose light happened
thousands of years before
our pain did; they are, they have always been
outside history.
They keep their distance. Under them remains
a place where you found
you were human, and
a landscape in which you know you are mortal.
And a time to choose between them.
I have chosen:
out of myth in history I move to be
part of that ordeal
whose darkness is
only now reaching me from those fields,
those rivers, those roads clotted as
firmaments with the dead.
How slowly they die
as we kneel beside them, whisper in their ear.
And we are too late. We are always too late.


Eavan Boland

Sinead O'Connor
Women of Ireland
This is so beautiful,
enjoy

9 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Beautiful on both counts, Cait.

Inthemud said...

Hi Cait,
Hope you're not suffering too much from the weather, looks bad your way.

I had to read the poem a few times to get any meaning, but now think i understand it to a degree and it is beautiful, very cleverly written.

Song lovely too.
love Muddie XX

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Beautiful, indeed, Cait - both the poem and the song. Sinead has such a wonderful voice.

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Now that is weird I can't see the poem - love the song though - is Sinead O'Conner?

I can't get pictures up on my blog either - think it is a Google problem from some people.

Pipany said...

Oh brilliant CAit - I heard this song before but didn't know what it was called. Beautiful xx

DAB said...

Cait, Beautiful song, I've been so lucky to see Sinead O'Connor live in a small music venue her voice is heaven sent. TFX

Zoë said...

Fab song!

Pop over to DJ's Cait?

Theres a surprise waiting.... or at least I was when I got mine!

xx

CAMILLA said...

So beautiful Cait, the Poem and the Song. I have always enjoyed listening to Sinead O'Conner music she has such a lovely voice, could listen to her for hours.

Camilla.xx

Exmoorjane said...

James had plugged headphones into my PC so for the first time I had your soundtrack. Halleluyah was on and prompted a huge sobfest (which was much needed)....how funny how these things happen Just So. Funnily didn't allow me to play Sinead - but maybe she wasn't what I needed right now....weird eh? jxxx